INTERMEDIATE | Progress while practicing
The right progression after our sea kayak Foundation course. This comprehensive course is meant to further develop your sea kayaking and rescue skills in different conditions and to start working on your environmental awareness and navigation planning.
We will introduce you to safe landing and launching in small surf, help you develop kayak handling skills and self confidence in more dynamic conditions along a rocky coastline and enjoy the beautiful Italian coastline. You will also have the opportunity to develop your rescue skills in different scenarios and build your basic navigation skills to plan your own day trip. Depending on conditions and ability of the group we will paddle up to 10 NM a day.
Suited to kayakers with personal skills and knowledge around the Pagaia Azzurra SK3 award or compliant to EPP level 3.
what to bring
Adequate equipment like full drysuit and thermal layer or neoprene long john, lycra top, water proof kayaking jacket depending on the season and shoes. In addition to that:
- pair of sunglasses;
- suntan cream;
- packed lunch or snacks;
- flask for a hot drink or a 1,5 L bottle of water depending on the season.
- Contact tow, towing line and other personal gear are welcome.
- fully equipped kayak (customized lifelines, fitted compass);
- PFD (Personal Flotation Device);
- bilge pump + sponge;
- #1 dry bag.
Please call or write for technical clothing rental.
This is a 2 day course. We meet between 08:00 – 08:30 to discuss individual needs and navigation planning and launch our kayaks around 09:30. Finish time around 17:00 on day 1 and 15:00 on day 2.
Find the next date in our Calendar
Location: Scuola di Mare Santa Teresa (Lerici), Liguria, Italy
(Course will be held with a minimum of 4 participants)
- Check-in on friday evening 310€
- Check-in on saturday morning 285€
- Single room supplement +25€ per night
- Discounts for couples
- full board in shared room or single room on request. Recently renewed, the building is part of a charming old navy fortification
- fully equipped kayak (customized lifelines, fitted compass), spray deck, paddle, PFD, helmet, bilge pump + sponge, #1 dry bag.
To participate to our courses, please provide, along with your registration, a medical certificate of fitness for non-competitive sports valid for the current year.
Extra equipment (if you need some)
1 paddling jacket – 10,00€ a day
1 neoprene long john or drysuit – 20,00€ a day
Book with Scuola di Mare Santa Teresa (SMST):
- Click here (SMST website)
- Click on tab Richiedi Informazioni
- Fill-in the form, you will receive a reply from SMST