ISKGA (International Sea Kayak Guide Association) represents the commercial sea kayak guide.
ISKGA Guides are professional, dedicated and enthusiastic about sea kayaking and guiding others on the ocean. We recognise the need to have a fair, uncomplicated and inclusive system within which guides and coaches can operate effectively and with purpose.
We are an inclusive community of like-minded individuals banded together through a common purpose: guiding others on the ocean.
The Coastal and Advanced Guide is a professional award for people wanting to make a career in the industry. It is internationally recognized as the benchmark of a professional sea kayak guide, employers can employ with confidence, knowing that each individual has received thorough training and assessment, over a period of time and is current and active in all aspects of guiding: Currency, Ability, Knowledge, Experience. An ISKGA guide must demonstrate CAKE at all times.
2021 ISKGA Guide modules:
- ISKGA Coastal Leadership 3 days
- ISKGA Incident Management 4 days
Planning may be changed depending on sea state and weather conditions.
European NGB level 3 award or EPP Level 3 standard are the minimum appropriate level of performance to begin working towards the ISKGA Coastal Guide training.
Candidates should bring their own sea kayak well equipped to guide in open sea conditions.
Please check our CALENDAR
course fee and location
Location: Scuola di Mare Santa Teresa (Lerici), Liguria, Italy
Arrival: Thursday evening after dinner. Course ends Sunday at 18:00
(Incident Management module – Arrival: Wednesday evening after dinner. Course ends Sunday at 18:00)
- 3 day course + 3 day accommodation: 420,00€ – (self-catering)
- Incident Management module: 4 day course + 4 day accommodation: 660,00€ – (self-catering)
- Accommodation at the Scuola di Mare Santa Teresa in Lerici (La Spezia) in a recently refurbished ancient Italian navy building.
- Coastal Leadership module: 3 day course run by Guido Grugnola, ISKGA Advanced Guide.
- Incident Management module: 4 day course run by Jeff Allen ISKGA Founder, Guido Grugnola ISKGA Advanced Guide and Giuseppe Debernardi ISKGA Coastal Guide.
Book with Scuola di Mare Santa Teresa (SMST):
- Click here (SMST website)
- Click on tab Richiedi Informazioni
- Fill-in the form, you will receive a reply from SMST
Each training session will be activated with a minimum of 4 candidates (Incident Management module 5 candidates)
Tuilik is the ISKGA authorised training centre in Italy and from this location we co-ordinate the ISKGA modular system, guide training program and observations in Italy.