European NGB level 3 award or EPP Level 3 standard are the minimum appropriate level of performance to begin working towards the ISKGA Coastal Guide training.
Candidates should bring their own sea kayak well equipped to guide in open sea conditions and to set up a camp ashore.
course fee and location
Location: Scuola di Mare Santa Teresa (Lerici), Liguria, Italy
Arrival: Wednesday 16 March evening after dinner. Course ends Sunday 20 around 18:00
Course accommodation is self-catered, food is provided, we will prepare meals by ourselves.
- Coastal Leadership Module 2 days + Coaching Module 2 days, (self-catering), accommodation included for 2 nights 500,00€ – (check-in SAT morning – check-out SUN evening)
- Coastal Leadership Module 2 days + Coaching Module 2 days, (self-catering), accommodation included for 4 nights 580,00€ – (check-in FRI evening – check-out SUN evening)
- Accommodation at the Scuola di Mare Santa Teresa in Lerici (La Spezia) in a recently refurbished ancient Italian navy building.
- This 4 days course is run by Guido Grugnola, ISKGA Advanced Guide.
Book with Scuola di Mare Santa Teresa (SMST):
- Click here (SMST website)
- Click on tab Richiedi Informazioni
- Fill-in the form, you will receive a reply from SMST
ISKGA (International Sea Kayak Guide Alliance) represents the commercial sea kayak guide.
ISKGA Guides are professional, dedicated and enthusiastic about sea kayaking and guiding others on the ocean. We recognise the need to have a fair, uncomplicated and inclusive system within which guides and coaches can operate effectively and with purpose.
We are an inclusive community of like-minded individuals banded together through a common purpose: guiding others at sea.
Training calendar 2022
Training held at the Scuola di Mare Santa Teresa (Lerici).
Training modules: 4-day course (2+2 days)